At MOBIPOST, we like to keep you updated on any new developments happening in the ever changing world of mobile.
Things do move quickly so here is an article from Mobile Marketing Watch recapping the developments and improvements in mobile so far in 2013. So take the information in and apply it to your next mobile marketing campaign. (PS numbers 1, 4 and 5 are my favourite!)
The cornerstone of mobile marketing for more than a decade, SMS has become a consumer mainstay rivaling the prevalence and popularity of email itself. By the start of 2013, in fact, the evolution of SMS marketing had elevated this platform to the pinnacle of its effectiveness with the mobile masses.
1. Improving Relevance for All:The new age of device targeting has allowed marketers to reach mobile users via SMS with campaigns tailored specifically to a variety of interests and needs. With message relevance deemed critical to the effectiveness of a campaign, the availability and affordability of quality SMS marketing services have allowed businesses, entrepreneurs, and advertisers of all sizes to equally capitalize on this powerful resource.
2. Spreading Across Industries: With a 90% average open rate, text messages are far more effective than email notifications when communicating with customers. From corner bakeries to multinational corporations, no longer is SMS marketing a resource tapped only by a select few industries.
3. Making the Most of Mobile Loyalty: Brands are racing to mobile like never before to bolster consumer loyalty. With nearly three-quarters of smartphone users now interested in loyalty programs accessible from their handsets, 2013 is shaping up to be a watershed year for mobile loyalty programs primarily driven by SMS-based enrollment and in-store engagement efforts.
4. Providing Value from Start to Finish: The value of SMS is no longer limited to the initial call to action. Beyond the delivery of a relevant offer, SMS is now used to purposefully provide everything from purchase “thank yous” and receipt confirmations, to rewards notifications and account status updates.
5. Delivering More Through Less: Today’s battle-tested SMS marketers are extraordinarily sensitive to the overall consumer experience and mindful of not overextending their welcome on mobile devices. By sending fewer SMS messages, the focus on more relevant and carefully crafted messages has boosted both campaign effectiveness and consumer comfort with SMS marketing.
Original article found here.